HPOP (HPx) Crossover Line
The HPx line connects the two heads to help balance the high pressure oil system throughout the circuit. It does not create more horsepower, but the majority of owners see a slight to significant decrease in engine idle noise. This is due to the helmholtz resonance effect that is created from the injectors firing so quickly, and the hpop cannot react quick enough to balance/absorb on its own from back pressure spikes within the system. So when the tiny spikes happen, the HPx line sends the pressure back and forth through the heads instead of hammering on the pump itself.
THIS LINE IS FOR THE EARLY '99 THROUGH '03, BUT WILL NOW WORK ON THE 94.5-97 TRUCKS, BUT YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE THE CNC FAB OBS HPOP LINES DUE TO HOW THE LINES ARE ROUTED ON THE OBS TRUCKS.
Features & Details:
- FITTINGS ARE THE SAME STYLE AS THOSE USED ON THE 94.5-97 POWERSTROKE ENGINES.
- HOSES ARE USING TOP OF THE LINE AEROQUIP HOSE UTILIZING DUPONT TEFLON LINING.
- BURST PRESSURE RATING OF 16,000PSI.
- WORKING TEMPERATURE RATING OF 400*F.
- NOMINAL WORKING PRESSURE IS 5000PSI @ 72*F AND 3000PSI @ 400*F (IF YOUR ENGINE OIL IS THIS HOT, YOU HAVE BIGGER ISSUES TO WORRY ABOUT)